Craig Alaska is located on the western coast of Prince of Wales Island. This is a commercial fishing and logging community that has a broad variety of services to help support visitors exploring the Craig area on Prince of Wales Island. This town of approximately 1400 people has several lodging and restaurant options available to support visitors.
An extensive road network exists on Prince of Wales Island. Many Prince of Wales communities are connected to each other through associated road system and island access route (ferry terminal in Hollis). The road connectivity of these communities enables visitors to utilize resources that may be limited in smaller communities, such as available medical services.
General Area Overview and Information Sources:
- Prince of Wales Chamber of Commerce
- City of Craig
- Alaska.org: Explore Craig
- PeaceHealth: Craig, Prince of Wales Clinic
- SEARHC: Express Care Clinic Craig
- US Forest Service: Craig Ranger District, 504 9th Street, Craig, AK 99921; (907) 826-3271
- US Forest Service Craig Ranger District Motor Vehicle Use Map (PDF)
Birding and wildlife resources:
Sites in Craig
Birding Photo: Ben Sullender
Are you ready for the Southeast Alaska Birding Trail?
Find gear lists, birding tips, and general advice.