Anchorage Area and Palmer Checklists
Audubon Alaska created three checklists, in partnership with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game and, for the Anchorage lists, Anchorage Audubon. The lists show detailed information about when common bird species are present throughout the year.
Below are PDF files. If you would like a free printed checklist (on heavy paper), email email@example.com or call us at 907-276-7034.
Corrections and Additions:
Horned Lark should be included for this area: Rare first two weeks of May, Uncommon third week of May through second week of July, Rare third week of July through second week of August, Uncommon third week of August thorugh second week of September, Rare last two weeks of September.
Snow Bunting nest high in the Chugach and should be casual in summer
Anchorage Coastal Audubon Important Bird Area and State Wildlfe Refuge
Palmer Hay Flats Audubon Important Bird Area and State Game Refuge
Other Alaska Checklists
- Checklist of Alaska Birds 2017 (statewide, updated annually by University of Alaska, Fairbanks)
- Alaska Peninsula and Becharof National Wildlife Refuges (2010)
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (2010)
- Bering Land Bridge National Preserve (Seward Peninsula)
- Fort Wainwright (2008)
- Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve (2010)
- Glacier Bay (2013)
- Innoko National Wildlife Refuge (McGrath)
- Juneau (2007)
- Kanuti National Wildlife Refuge (2013)
- Kachemak Bay (Homer) (2011)
- Kenai Fjords National Park (2007)
- Kenai National Wildlife Refuge (2018)
- Ketchikan (2009)
- Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge and the Kodiak Archipelago (2009)
- Koyukuk National Wildlife Refuge (2010)
- Skagway (2010)
- Tanana Lakes Recreation Area Bird Checklist (2007)
- Unalaska (Dutch Harbor) (2012)
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve (2006)
- Yukon Delta (Western Alaska) (2008)
How you can help, right now
Stop the Toxic Pebble Mine from Destroying Alaska's Bristol Bay
Tell the EPA that it is time to protect this vibrant and vital ecosystem by using its authority under the Clean Water Act to veto the mine permit once and for all.