Follow media stories about Audubon Alaska's efforts to protect birds.
Audubon Alaska staff contact information for the press.
Nils Warnock, Executive Director
Audubon Alaska In the News
For stories prior to January 1, 2016 see our News Archive.
- There’s a new Arctic drilling battle brewing…and it’s not in ANWR (Alaska Public Media, August 18, 2017)
- Trump administration signals it could open more of the Arctic to drilling (Alaska Public Media, August 7, 2017)
- New Arctic Alaska marine atlas details ecosystem of the changing region (Alaska Dispatch News, August 6, 2017)
- With new actions, Zinke says Alaska is 'open for business' (E&E News, June 1, 2017)
- Petroleum reserve plan is working; why fix what isn't broken? (Op-ed, Alaska Dispatch News, May 22, 2017)
- Opening ANWR to oil drilling is priority in Trump's proposed budget (Alaska Dispatch News, May 23, 2017)
- Hilcorp said what? by Nils Warnock (Letter to the Editor, Alaska Dispatch News; March 27, 2017)
- The Arctic Just Got a Welcome Reprieve (Audubon Magazine; July 22, 2016)
- What's Going on with the Arctic Refuge (Audubon Magazine; July 22, 2016)
- Hats Off - Local birdwatchers sweep Great American Arctic Birding Challenge (The Challis Messenger; July 7, 2016)
- How to Protect Birds at the End of the Earth (Audubon Magazine; January-February 2016)
Tongass National Forest
- New Southeast Atlas Identifies Valuable Habitat and Threats (KTOO Juneau Public Radio; October 12, 2016)
WatchList, Important Bird Areas, and Bird Conservation
- Can the isolated Alaska Peninsula town of King Cove get its road under the Trump administration? (Alaska Dispatch News, July 17, 2017)
- Intensive management not appropriate on refuge lands by Susan Culliney (Letter to the Editor, Alaska Dispatch News; March 26, 2017)
- Senator Lisa Murkowski continues to pushes for a "lifesaving" road between King Cove and Cold Bay (story starts about minute 3:52. KUCB radio; April 14, 2016)